Every year in mid-August, the traditional barbecue festival takes place in the village of Akhtala. It is attended by both professional chefs and amateur cooks from different regions of Armenia, who present guests with many varieties of shish kebab. Shish kebab, in Armenian khorovats, is one of the most beloved and traditional dishes of Armenian cuisine. Hanging on skewers, baked in tonir or cooked on the grill – all types of shish kebab have unique taste qualities. Join this exciting and delicious tour!
Tour date: 19.08.2021 – 24.08.2021
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- Sightseeing tour of Yerevan
- Welcome Dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni – Geghard – Sevan – Dilijan
- Departure to the monastery complex Geghard – a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the monastery complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- Walk along the gorge, where you will see a small miracle of nature called “Stone Symphony”.
- Departure to Lake Sevan. Inspection of the Sevanavank monastery, a walk along the shore of the lake.
- In the evening we will arrive in Dilijan.
Day 3: Dilijan – Haghartsin – Akhtala – Haghpat
- We will walk along the green Dilijan, and also go to the beautiful monastery complex of the XI-XIII centuries. – Haghartsin. This is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- After Haghartsin, we will go to the village of Akhtala, where we will take part in the traditional barbecue festival
- In the evening we will arrive in the village of Haghpat, located in a very picturesque place.
Day 4: Haghpat – Sanahin – Gyumri
- We will walk around Haghpat, We will examine the Haghpat Monastery
- After lunch we will visit the neighboring village where there is a monastery very similar to Haghpat – Sanahin Monastery.
- In the evening we will arrive in Gyumri
Day 5: Gyumri – Marmashen – Amberd – Yerevan
- Next, we will walk around the ancient beautiful city, we will also visit the Marmashen monastery surrounded by an apple orchard
- Our next stop will be the ancient fortress of the 7th century Amberd, which is located on the slope of Mount Aragats.
- We will also visit a local winery, where we will taste wonderful wine, and they will also tell us and show us all the stages of its production.
Day 6: Yerevan
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Visiting grocery and flea markets, after which we will take you to the airport.
|Number of perons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation – 90$
The tour price includes:
- Meeting and transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome Dinner
- Five dinners
- Comfortable transport
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers
- Excursion to the winery with tasting
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Other dinners
- Medical insurance
Report about the “Barbecue Festival-2018”