Every year in mid-August in the village of Akhtala in Lori region of Armenia is a traditional festival of barbecue. It is attended by both professional chefs and Amateur chefs from different regions of Armenia, who present to the guests with many varieties of barbecue. Barbecue in Armenian khorovats is one of the most favorite and traditional dishes of Armenian cuisine. Suspended on skewers, baked in a tonir or cooked on the grill-all kinds of barbecue have unique taste.
Join this exciting and delicious tour!
Tour date: 16.08.2018 – 21.08.2018
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcoming dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni – Geghard – Sevan – Dilijan
- Breakfast in hotel
- We will go to Geghard. Beautiful monastery complex, part of which is carved out from a rock.
- Then we will go to Garni village, where is the only monument preserved in Armenia belongs to the era of paganism and Hellenism.
- We will also have a walk through the beautiful gorge to the miracle of nature – “Symphony of Stones”
- Then we will have lunch where you’ll participate in baking of Armenian traditional bread, intangible cultural heritage – “lavash“
- Trip to the lake Sevan. Visiting the monastery Sevanavank. Dinner
- In the evening we will arrive in Dilijan.
Day 3: Dilijan – Haghartsin – Haghpat
- After having breakfast, we will walk along the green Dilijan, and also go to the monastery Haghartsin, surrounded by a beautiful beech forest, as well as the mountain lake Gosh.
- After Haghartsin we will go to the picturesque village of Haghpat to one of the most beautiful architectural creations of Armenia – the Haghpat Monastery. We assure that you will fall in love with this fabulous place. We will spend the night in Haghpat.
Day 4: Haghpat – Sanahin – Akhtala – Gyumri
- Our day will start by a visit the very interesting from an architectural point of view Sanahin monastery. The village of Sanahin is known for the fact that here were born the brothers Mikoyan, they had a huge impact on the soviet union and also the world. We stop at the museum to take a look at a real MIG aircraft.
- Next, we will go to the village of Akhtala, where we will take part in the traditional festival of barbecue
- In the evening we will arrive in Gyumri
Day 5: Gyumri – Marmashen – Amberd – Yerevan
- Further we will walk along the ancient beautiful city, also we will visit the monastery Marmashen, located in the apple orchard
- Our next stop will be the ancient fortress of VII century Amberd, which is located on the slope of Mount Aragats.
- Also we will visit the winery to trying wonderful wine, and also we will tell and show all the stages of its production.
Day 6: Yerevan
- Breakfast at hotel
- Visit the grocery and flea markets, then we will take you to the airport.
|Number of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation- 90$
The tour price includes:
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Accommodation in 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Comfortable transport with driver for the whole route
- English speaking guide
- Breakfast and lunch
- Welcome dinner
- Dinner in Sevan
- Entrance tickets to the specified museums and cultural centers
- Excursion to wine factory, wine testing
The price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Other dinners