We invite you to a unique, very rich tour of Armenia and Georgia. In 10 days we will get acquainted with the most beautiful places of the two countries. We will walk around the two capitals, visit the Khor Virap and Gergeti Trinity monasteries located at the foot of the Ararat and Kazbek mountains, visit the beautiful Noravank monastery and the city of love Sighnaghi, get acquainted with the resort Dilijan and Gudauri, ride the longest cable car in the world to the magnificent Tatev monastery and we will try the famous Borjomi mineral water. We will visit the cave towns of Khndzoresk and Uplstsikhe. In addition, we are waiting for the two brothers of the monastery of Haghpat and Sanahin, as well as Jvari and Mtskheta. Well, of course, there are many delicious Armenian and Georgian dishes, great wine and good mood.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- Sightseeing tour of Yerevan
- Welcome Dinner
Day 2: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni – Karahunj – Goris
- Departure to the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat, which is known for the fact that it was here that the first Catholicos of All Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further, our path lies to one of the most beautiful monasteries in Armenia – Noravank, surrounded by sheer red rocks.
- After getting acquainted with Noravank and its surroundings, we will go to the village of Areni, which can be called the wine-making center of Armenia, where we will have a delicious lunch with local residents.
- After lunch, we will visit a cave where ancient jugs of wine and shoes dating back about 6000 years were discovered not so long ago.
- Next, we will have an excursion to a small winery with a tasting
- Next, we will go to the greenest city in Armenia, Goris. On the way, we will make a short stop in a place near the Zorats Karer complex – Karahunje or, as it is also called, the Armenian Stonehenge.
- In the evening we will arrive in Goris.
Day 3: Khndzoresk – Tatev – Yerevan
- After a delicious breakfast, we will go to the ancient village of Khndzoresk. Where we will walk along the suspension bridge across the gorge, and also get acquainted with the ancient caves where people lived 100 years ago.
- Further, our path will lie towards, without a doubt, the most magical place in Armenia – the village of Tatev.
- Our route will run along the longest cable car in the world, stretching over the Vorotan Gorge. The maximum height of the road is 320 meters.
- In Tatev, we will have a tour of the Tatev Monastery and get acquainted with its rector, Father Mikael.
- Then lunch and road to Yerevan.
- On the way to Yerevan, we will also make a stop at one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Armenia.
Day 4: Garni – Geghard – Sevan – Dilijan
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- Walk along the gorge, where you will see a small miracle of nature called “Stone Symphony”.
- Then you will directly participate in the baking of the famous Armenian bread – lavash.
- Departure to the monastery complex Geghard – a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the monastery complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- Departure to Lake Sevan. Inspection of the Sevanavank monastery, a walk along the shore of the lake.
- In the evening we will arrive in Dilijan
Day 5: Dilijan – Haghartsin – Sanahin – Haghpat
- After a walk around Dilijan, we will drive through a protected beech forest to a beautiful monastery complex of the 11th-13th centuries. – Haghartsin. This is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- Then we go to the north of Armenia to the fabulous region of Lori.
- To begin with, we will visit the Sanahin Monastery, which is very interesting from an architectural point of view.
- Next, we will go to the village of Haghpat, located in a very picturesque place, to one of the most beautiful architectural creations of Armenia – the Haghpat Monastery. We assure you that you will fall in love with this fabulous place and want to visit it many more times.
Day 6: Haghpat – Tbilisi
- After breakfast we leave towards Georgia
- Arrival in Tbilisi
- Hotel accommodation
- Sightseeing tour of Tbilisi
- Welcome Dinner
Day 7: Trip to Kazbegi: Ananuri – Gudauri – Kazbegi
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Our first stop will be Ananuri fortress and Zhinvali reservoir
- Then we will go to the beautiful ski resort Gudauri
- After the military Georgian road, and the cross pass we will reach Stepantsminda. where we will climb to the Gergeti Monastery – (the monastery is located at an altitude of 2170 m) at the foot of Mount Kazbek
- Lunch during which we will taste the famous Pasanauri khinkali
- Return to Tbilisi
Day 8: trip to Kakheti – Sighnaghi – Kvareli – Nekresi – Telavi
- Our path lies in Kvareli, in the Kindzmarauli microzone.
- On the way to Kvareli, we will stop at Bodbe, where there is a monastery, a grave, a spring and a font of St. Nino, Enlighteners of Georgia
- Then we get to the city of love Sighnaghi. The fabulous architecture of the city, views of the Alazani Valley and the Caucasus Mountains will impress any visitor.
- After walking along the fortress wall of Sighnaghi, we will go further – to the Kvareli tunnel, where the winery and Kvareli cellars are located.
- Next, we will have lunch during which we will also taste the exclusive wines of Georgia – Ojaleshi, Usakhelouri, Khvanchkara, Kindzmarauli, Saperavi, Kisi, Rkatsiteli, Mukuzani, Tsinandali, Georgian Chacha and brandy
- On the way back to Tbilisi, we will get acquainted with the Nekresi complex (ritual structures have been built here since ancient times), as well as the city of Telavi
Day 9: Jvari – Mtskheta – Uplstsikhe – Borjomi – Tbilisi
- After breakfast, we will continue our journey and our first stop will be the Jvari monastery, from where you can see the ancient capital of Georgia, Mtskheta, and the place where the streams of Aragvi and Kura merge like two sisters.
- Then we will go to the resort Borjomi, where we will walk along the gorge and, of course, we will try the famous mineral water
- After lunch we will visit Uplistsikhe – an ancient cave city, one of the first cities in Georgia.
- After that we will visit Mtskheta itself – the ancient capital of Georgia, see the main shrine of Georgia – Svetitskhoveli
- Return to Tbilisi
Day 10: Tbilisi
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Next, we will have a walk around Tbilisi in the 19th century. Shota Rustaveli Avenue, Tbilisi Funicular, Mtatsminda – Holy Mountain. After wandering around the flea market, we will go to the central market of Tbilisi and buy Georgian spices
- Airport transfer
|Number of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation — 180$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the entire route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers, including the cable car in Tatev
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Two welcome dinners in Yerevan and Tbilisi
- Tours with wine tastings
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and departure from Tbilisi
- Other dinners
- Excursion to the “Yerevan brandy factory” – 20$ / person. (possible on the first day, with early arrival)
- Medical insurance
- Additional alcohol outside the program
- Personal expenses