At the beginning of every October, when the grape harvest reaches its peak, the village of Areni hosts a traditional wine festival. We invite you to visit this wonderful holiday, where you can taste various varieties of wine in large quantities, as well as take part in national festivities and games. You will also have a concert program, folk dances and, of course, various dishes of Armenian cuisine. But our program will not be limited to the wine festival. We are waiting for 4 days of amazing travels, delicious food and wonderful Armenian wine
Tour date: 01.10.2021 — 04.10.2021
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcome Dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Departure to the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat, which is known for the fact that it was here that the first Catholicos of All Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further, our path lies to one of the most beautiful monasteries in Armenia – Noravank, surrounded by sheer red rocks.
- After getting acquainted with Noravank and its surroundings, we will go to the village of Areni, where a wine festival will be held that day.
- After participating in the festival, we will have a delicious lunch with local residents.
- After lunch, we will visit a cave where ancient jugs of wine and shoes dating back about 6000 years were discovered not so long ago.
- After that, in a good mood, we will return to Yerevan
- Free time
Day 3: Garni – Geghard – Sevan
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- Walk along the gorge, where you will see a small miracle of nature called “Stone Symphony”.
- Then you will directly participate in the baking of the famous Armenian bread – lavash.
- Departure to the monastery complex Geghard – a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the monastery complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- Departure to Lake Sevan. Inspection of the Sevanavank monastery, a walk along the shore of the lake. Dinner
- Return to Yerevan.
- Free time.
Day 4: Echmiadzin – Zvartnots
- Breakfast and departure to the religious center of Armenia – the city of Etchmiadzin, where the Cathedral is located – the residence of the Catholicos of all Armenians, as well as the ancient churches of Saints Hripsime and Gayane.
- On the way back we will make a stop at the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport in order to meet you again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small, but rich in beautiful and interesting places country.
- Those departing on an evening flight will also have time for an excursion to the Yerevan Brandy Factory.
|Number of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation — 63$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Comfortable transport
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome Dinner
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- PCR test (to enter Armenia, you must present a negative PCR test made no more than 72 hours before entry, or a certificate of vaccination)
- Other dinners
- Excursion to “Yerevan brandy factory” – 20$ / person.