Tatev Monastery, without any doubt, is one of the most popular and favorite places of our guests. And if you wanted to visit Tatev for too long, we invite you to this very interesting adventure.
Besides Tatev, we will visit the Monasteries of Khor Virap and Noravank. We will try the best homemade wines of Areni village.
Let’s get acquainted with the ancient Khndzoresk, where we will walk along the bridge over the gorge, and also visit the ancient caves where 100 years ago people were still living. We will also learn how Carahunge differs from Stonehead, and which mineral water is the best in Armenia.
Tours to Tatev and Tatev Monastery from Yerevan with our company is a small trip that you will remember for your whole life.
Day 1: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni – Carahunge – Goris
- We will leave Yerevan early in the morning and drive to Khor Virap Monastery, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat. Khor Virap is the place where the first Catholicos of all Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further our way leads to one of the most beautiful monasteries of Armenia – Noravank, which is surrounded by steep red rocks.
- After capturing Noravank, we will go to the village of Areni, which can be called wine-growing center of Armenia, where we will have a delicious dinner with locals and have a good rest.
- After lunch we will visit the Areni cave, which is 6000 years old
- Excursion to a winery and wine tasting
- Then we will show you how beautiful the South of Armenia is. And our next destination is the one of most green city of Armenia, Goris. After passing through Sisian, a visit to “Zorats Karer” or Carahunge Observatory (8000 B.C.) which looks like English Stonehenge but is older for more than 4,5 thousand years.
- Rest in Goris
Day 2: Khndzoresk – Tatev – Yerevan
- After having tasty breakfast will drive to old age village Khndzoresk. Will pass through the bridge crossing the gorge and see many old caves, where hundred years ago people were still living
- No doubt, after Khndzoresk our road will lead us to one of the most magic places of Armenia, village Tatev
- Our route will run through the longest ropeway in the world, stretching over Vorotan Gorge. The maximum height of the road is 320 meters.
- Continue the tour to the gorgeous Tatev Monastery (9-11th centuries). This monastery was one of the oldest spiritual centers of medieval Armenia, as well as the biggest university of its time.
- Back to Yerevan.
- On the way to Yerevan, we will also make a stop at one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Armenia.
|Number of persons
|Price per person
The tour price includes:
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the entire route
- Guide services
- Accommodation with double occupancy in Goris
- Entrance tickets to the indicated cultural centers, including the cable car
- 2 lunches
- Winery tasting tour
The tour price does not include: