Lori region, along with Tavush and Syunik regions, is one of the greenest regions of Armenia. In two days we will visit the most famous and popular places of this amazing region. We will visit the city of Alaverdi, stretching along the beautiful gorge of the Debed River, as well as two architecturally very similar monasteries Haghpat and Sanahin, we will see the extraordinary frescoes of the Akhtala monastery, and the most beautiful view of the gorge from the top of the village of Odzun.
Day 1: Sanahin – Akhtala – Haghpat
- Departure to the north of Armenia to the fabulous region of Lori.
- To begin with, we will visit the Sanahin Monastery, which is very interesting from an architectural point of view.
- After lunch, we will visit another miracle of Armenian architecture located nearby – Akhtala Monastery, one of the few monasteries in Armenia, decorated with beautiful frescoes.
- Next, we will go to the village of Haghpat, located in a very picturesque place. We assure you that you will fall in love with this fabulous place and want to visit it many more times.
- Dinner, rest
- We will spend the night in Haghpat
Day 2: Haghpat – Odzun – Ardvi – Dsegh – Yerevan
- After breakfast, we will walk around Haghpat, go to the most beautiful architectural creation of Armenia – the Haghpat Monastery.
- After getting acquainted with the Haghpat Monastery, we will go to the recently restored cave complex “Zarni Parni”, which also offers a very beautiful view of the gorge and the ancient fortress.
- After that, we will continue our acquaintance with the wonderful land of Lori and go to the village of Odzun and the nearby village of Ardvi, known for its beautiful khachkars
- We will also visit the village of Dsegh, where the house-museum of the famous Armenian writer Hovhannes Tumanyan is located.
- In the evening we will return to Yerevan
|Number of persons
|Price per person
The tour price includes:
- Comfortable transport
- Accommodation with double occupancy in Haghpat
- Guide services
- Entrance ticket to the indicated cultural centers
- Two lunches
The tour price does not include: