We invite you to a unique tour of Armenia and Georgia. In 8 days we will get acquainted with the most beautiful places of the two countries. We will walk around the two capitals, visit the Khor Virap and Gergeti Trinity monasteries located at the foot of the Ararat and Kazbek mountains, visit the beautiful Noravank monastery and the city of love Sighnaghi, get acquainted with the resorts of Dilijan and Gudauri. In addition, we are waiting for the two brothers of the monastery of Haghpat and Sanahin, as well as Jvari and Mtskheta. Well, of course, there are many delicious Armenian and Georgian dishes, great wine and good mood.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- Sightseeing tour of Yerevan
- Welcome Dinner
Day 2: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Departure to the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat, which is known for the fact that it was here that the first Catholicos of All Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further, our path lies to one of the most beautiful monasteries in Armenia – Noravank, surrounded by sheer red rocks.
- After getting acquainted with Noravank and its surroundings, we will go to the village of Areni, which can be called the wine-making center of Armenia, where we will have a delicious lunch with local residents.
- After lunch, we will visit a cave where ancient jugs of wine and shoes dating back about 6000 years were discovered not so long ago.
- Next, we will have an excursion to the wine factory with a tasting
- After that, in a good mood, we will return to Yerevan
- Free time
Day 3: Garni – Geghard – Sevan – Dilijan
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- Walk along the gorge, where you will see a small miracle of nature called “Stone Symphony”.
- Then you will directly participate in the baking of the famous Armenian bread – lavash.
- Departure to the monastery complex Geghard – a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the monastery complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- Departure to Lake Sevan. Inspection of the Sevanavank monastery, a walk along the shore of the lake.
- In the evening we will arrive in Dilijan
Day 4: Dilijan – Haghartsin – Sanahin – Haghpat
- After a walk around Dilijan, we will drive through a protected beech forest to a beautiful monastery complex of the 11th-13th centuries. – Haghartsin. This is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- Then we go to the north of Armenia to the fabulous region of Lori.
- To begin with, we will visit the Sanahin Monastery, which is very interesting from an architectural point of view. The village of Sanahin is known for being the birthplace of the Mikoyan brothers.
- Next, we will go to the village of Haghpat, located in a very picturesque place, to one of the most beautiful architectural creations of Armenia – the Haghpat Monastery. We assure you that you will fall in love with this fabulous place and want to visit it many more times.
Day 5: Haghpat – Tbilisi
- After breakfast we leave towards Georgia
- Arrival in Tbilisi
- Hotel accommodation
- Sightseeing tour of Tbilisi
- Welcome Dinner
Day 6: Trip to Kazbegi: Ananuri – Gudauri – Kazbegi
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Our first stop will be Ananuri fortress and Zhinvali reservoir
- Then we will go to the beautiful ski resort Gudauri
- After the military Georgian road, and the cross pass we will reach Stepantsminda. where we will climb to the Gergeti Monastery – (the monastery is located at an altitude of 2170 m) at the foot of Mount Kazbek
- Lunch during which we will taste the famous Pasanauri khinkali
- Return to Tbilisi
Day 7: trip to Kakheti: Sighnaghi – Kvareli – Nekresi – Telavi
- Our path lies in Kvareli – the wine-making center of Georgia
- On the way to Kvareli, we will stop at Bodbe, where there is a monastery, a grave, a spring and a font of St. Nino, Enlighteners of Georgia
- Then we get to the city of love Sighnaghi. The fabulous architecture of the city, views of the Alazani Valley and the Caucasus Mountains will impress any visitor.
- After walking along the fortress wall of Sighnaghi, we will go further – to the Kvareli tunnel, where the winery and Kvareli cellars are located.
- Next, we will have lunch during which we will also taste exclusive wines of Georgia – Ojaleshi, Khvanchkara, Kindzmarauli, Saperavi, Rkatsiteli, Mukuzani, Tsinandali, as well as Georgian chacha and brandy
- On the way back to Tbilisi, we will get acquainted with the Nekresi complex (ritual structures have been built here since ancient times), as well as the city of Telavi
Day 8: Jvari – Mtskheta – Tbilisi
- After breakfast, we will continue our journey and our first stop will be the Jvari Monastery, from where you can see the ancient capital of Georgia, Mtskheta, and the place where the streams of Aragvi and Kura merge like two sisters.
- After that we will visit Mtskheta itself – the ancient capital of Georgia, see the main shrine of Georgia – Svetitskhoveli
- Return to Tbilisi
- A little more walk around Tbilisi 19-20 centuries – Tbilisi funicular, Mtatsminda – Holy Mountain
- Airport transfer
|Number of person
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation — 135$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Comfortable transport
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Two welcome dinners in Yerevan and Tbilisi
- Tours with wine tastings
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and departure from Tbilisi
- Other dinners
- Excursion to the “Yerevan brandy factory” – $ 20 / person. (possible on the first day, with early arrival)
- Medical insurance
- Additional alcohol outside the program
- Personal expenses