We invite you to New Year’s holidays in Armenia. Why stay at home? It is better to spend the holidays in nature, in the mountains, in the fresh air in Tsakhkadzor.
Outdoor activities lovers will be happy to go skiing or snowboarding. In addition, we will go to the famous Dilijan. We will try Sevan trout and get acquainted with the ancient temples of Garni and monastery Geghard.
We will visit the dungeon, where Grigor the Illuminator, the first Catholicos of Armenia spend long years of his life. And also we will take part in the Christmas liturgy in Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin.
Celebrating the New Year in Armenia is the best gift you can give yourself!
Date: 30.12.2021 – 06.01.2022
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- Sightseeing tour of Yerevan
- Welcome Dinner
Day 2: Garni – Geghard – Yerevan
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- From Garni we will go to the Geghard monastery complex – a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- We will spend the second half of the day walking around New Year’s Yerevan
- In the evening we will meet the new year in one of the restaurants or clubs in Yerevan.
Day 3: Yerevan
Day 4: Yerevan-Tsaghkadzor-Yerevan
- We are going to Tsakhkadzor ski resort, where we will first visit the Kecharis temple
- Then, those who wish can go skiing and snowboarding.
Day 5: Sevan – Dilijan – Haghartsin
- We go to the famous Dilijan – one of the most beautiful and ecologically clean cities in Armenia
- After a walk around Dilijan, we will drive through a protected beech forest to a beautiful monastery complex of the 11th-13th centuries. – Haghartsin. This is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- Then we will go to Lake Sevan – the largest alpine lake in the world. Here we will admire the azure waters of Sevan, explore the ancient monastery located on the peninsula
- In the evening we will arrive in Yerevan
Day 6: Saghmosavank – Gyumri – Yerevan
- After breakfast, we will go to the second largest city in Armenia, Gyumri
- During the first stop, we will visit Saghmosavank Monastery, which is located on the edge of the picturesque Kasakh gorge.
- Next, we will make a stop at the monument to the Armenian alphabet.
- Then we will arrive in Gyumri.
- We will walk around the city, visit the Gyumri fortress, and also visit museums
- Delicious lunch
- In the evening we will return to Yerevan
Day 7: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Departure to the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat, which is known for the fact that it was here that the first Catholicos of All Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further, our path lies to one of the most beautiful monasteries in Armenia – Noravank, surrounded by sheer red rocks.
- We will also visit a cave where ancient jugs of wine and shoes dating back about 6000 years were discovered not so long ago.
- Next, we will visit the winery with a tasting and a delicious lunch.
- Then we will return to Yerevan
- Free time
Day 8: Echmiadzin – Zvartnots
- Departure to the religious center of Armenia – the capital of Echmiadzin, where the Cathedral is located. We will take part in the Christmas liturgy and water illumination. After all, the Armenian Apostolic Church celebrates Christmas and Epiphany on the same day – January 6th.
- Next, we will visit the churches of Saints Hripsime and Gayane located in the same place in Echmiadzin.
- On the way back we will make a stop near the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport in order to meet you again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small, but rich in beautiful and interesting places country.
|Number of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation – 140$
The tour price includes:
- Meeting and Transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Comfortable transport
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome Dinner
- Six dinners
- Meeting the New Year in one of the restaurants in Yerevan
- Winery tasting tour
- Excursion with tasting to “Yerevan brandy factory”
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back (to enter Armenia, you must present a negative PCR test made no more than 72 hours before entry, or a certificate of vaccination)
- Other dinners
- Additional alcohol outside the program
- Rental of ski equipment and the cost of the lift in Tsakhkadzor
- Medical insurance – recommended