During this tour to Armenia, you will be able to enjoy the diversity of Armenian nature, feel real Armenian hospitality and taste various dishes of Armenian cuisine. You will get acquainted with the capital of Armenia – Yerevan. You will see the only surviving pre-Christian monument and visit the most beautiful temple carved into the rock. Admire the emerald Lake Sevan, where you will taste the world-famous Sevan crayfish and the equally famous Sevan trout. Visit the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the foot of Mount Ararat, famous for the fact that it was here that Christianity was born in Armenia, and you will also visit the Mother See of Etchmiadzin. And of course, we will ride the world’s longest cable car to Tatev Monastery – one of the most beautiful and mysterious places in Armenia. You will take with you unforgettable impressions from the red rocks towering over the Noravank monastery and the homemade wines of the Areni village.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcome Dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Dilijan – Haghartsin – Sevan
- Breakfast in the hotel
- We are going to one of the greenest cities in Armenia – the famous resort Dilijan.
- After a walk around Dilijan, we will drive through a protected beech forest to a beautiful monastery complex of the 11th-13th centuries. – Haghartsin. This is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- After lunch, you and I will go to Lake Sevan – the largest alpine lake in the world. Here we will admire the azure waters of Sevan, explore the ancient monastery located on the peninsula
Day 3: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni – Karahunj – Goris
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Departure to the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat, which is known for the fact that it was here that the first Catholicos of All Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further, our path lies to one of the most beautiful monasteries in Armenia – Noravank, surrounded by sheer red rocks.
- We will also visit a cave where ancient jugs of wine and shoes dating back about 6000 years were discovered not so long ago.
- Next, we will have an excursion to the winery, where we will have a tasting, as well as a delicious lunch.
- Next, we will go to the greenest city in Armenia, Goris. On the way, we will make a short stop in a place near the Zorats Karer complex – Karahunje or, as it is also called, the Armenian Stonehenge.
- In the evening we will arrive in Goris.
Day 4: Khndzoresk – Tatev – Yerevan
- After a delicious breakfast, we will go to the ancient village of Khndzoresk. Where we will walk along the suspension bridge across the gorge, and also get acquainted with the ancient caves where people lived 100 years ago.
- Further, our path will lie towards, without a doubt, the most magical place in Armenia – the village of Tatev.
- Our route will run along the longest cable car in the world, stretching over the Vorotan Gorge. The maximum height of the road is 320 meters.
- In Tatev, we will have a tour of the Tatev Monastery and get acquainted with its rector, Father Mikael.
- Then lunch and road to Yerevan.
- On the way to Yerevan, we will also make a stop at one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Armenia.
- Then we will have lunch and drive to Yerevan.
Day 5: Garni – Geghard – Yerevan
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- Walk along the gorge, where you will see a small miracle of nature called “Stone Symphony”.
- Then you will directly participate in the baking of the famous Armenian bread – lavash.
- Departure to the Geghard monastery complex – a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the monastery complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- Return to Yerevan.
And already in Yerevan a pleasant addition awaits you – an excursion to the Yerevan Brandy Factory
Day 6: Echmiadzin – Zvartnots
- Visit to the Museum of Ancient Manuscripts Matenadaran
- Walk around Yerevan – visiting the flea market “Vernissage”, as well as the food market
- Departure to the religious center of Armenia – the city of Echmiadzin, where the Cathedral is located – the residence of the Catholicos of all Armenians, as well as the ancient churches of Saints Hripsime and Gayane.
- On the way back we will make a stop at the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport in order to meet you again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small, but rich in beautiful and interesting places country.
|Number of Persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation —125$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the entire route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers, including the cable car to Tatev
- Excursion with tasting to “Yerevan brandy factory”
- Winery tasting tour
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Five lunches
- Welcome Dinner
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back (to enter Armenia, you must present a negative PCR test made no more than 72 hours before entry, or a certificate of vaccination)
- Other dinners
- Additional alcohol outside the program
- Medical insurance ($1 per day per person) – recommended
- Personal expenses