During this tour you can enjoy the diversity of Armenian nature, feel the real Armenian hospitality and try different dishes of Armenian cuisine.
You will get acquainted with Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. Will see the only monument from pre-Christian period as well as one of the most beautiful monastic complexes, partially carved out of the rocks.
Will admire the emerald waters of the lake Sevan, where you will enjoy one of the most delicious and well-known crayfishes of Sevan as well as the trout.
Will visit the monastery of Khor Virap, situated in the foothills of the mount Ararat, known from the times of the king Trdat the Third and Grigor the Illuminator, when the Christianity was just flourishing in Armenia.
And of course, we will go for a ride on the longest aerial tramway in the world, which leads to the one of the mysterious and most beautiful monasteries of Armenia, Tatev.
You will take with you indelible impressions: red rocks are unique, they appear on the way to Noravank. And certainly, try homemade wines in Areni village.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- Sightseeing tour of Yerevan
- Welcome Dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Sevan – Dilijan – Haghartsin
- After breakfast, we will go to Lake Sevan – one of the largest alpine lakes in the world. Here we will admire the azure waters of Sevan and explore the ancient monastery located on the peninsula
- After that, we will arrive in one of the greenest cities in Armenia – the famous resort Dilijan.
- After a walk around Dilijan, we will drive through a protected beech forest to a beautiful monastery complex of the 11th-13th centuries. – Haghartsin. This is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- Lunch at a colorful guest house
- Return to Yerevan
- Free time
Day 3: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni – Karahunj – Goris
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Departure to the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat, which is known for the fact that it was here that the first Catholicos of All Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further, our path lies to one of the most beautiful monasteries in Armenia – Noravank, surrounded by sheer red rocks.
- We will also visit a cave where ancient jugs of wine and shoes dating back about 6000 years were discovered not so long ago.
- Next, we will have an excursion to the winery, where we will have a tasting, as well as a delicious lunch.
- Next, we will go to the greenest city in Armenia, Goris. On the way, we will make a short stop in a place near the Zorats Karer complex – Karahunje or, as it is also called, the Armenian Stonehenge.
- In the evening we will arrive in Goris.
Day 4: Khndzoresk – Tatev – Yerevan
- After a delicious breakfast, we will go to the ancient village of Khndzoresk. Where we will walk along the suspension bridge across the gorge, and also get acquainted with the ancient caves where people lived 100 years ago.
- Further, our path will lie towards, without a doubt, the most magical place in Armenia – the village of Tatev.
- Our route will run along the longest cable car in the world, stretching over the Vorotan Gorge. The maximum height of the road is 320 meters.
- In Tatev, we will have a tour of the Tatev Monastery and get acquainted with its rector, Father Mikael.
- Then lunch and road to Yerevan.
- On the way to Yerevan, we will also make a stop at one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Armenia.
Day 5: Garni – Geghard
- Departure to the monastery complex Geghard – a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the monastery complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- Walk along the gorge, where you will see a small miracle of nature called “Stone Symphony”.
- Lunch during which you will take part in the baking of traditional Armenian bread, lavash
- Return to Yerevan
- Those departing on an evening flight will have another excursion to the Yerevan Brandy Factory.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport in order to meet you again in the future and organize another exciting trip through our small, but rich in beautiful and interesting places country.
|Numbers of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation — 95$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the entire route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers, including the cable car to Tatev
- Winery tour with tasting
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Four lunches
- Welcome Dinner
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back (to enter Armenia, you must present a negative PCR test made no more than 72 hours before entry, or a certificate of vaccination)
- Other dinners
- Additional alcohol outside the program
- Excursion to the “Yerevan brandy factory” – 20$ / person.
- Medical insurance – recommended!
- Personal expenses