Rest in Armenia in winter is very interesting. Because winter is one of the most beautiful seasons in Armenia. Numerous mountains are covered with fluffy snow and the country becomes like a winter fairy tale.
You will walk around the winter Yerevan. You will see the only surviving pre-Christian monument and visit the most beautiful temple carved into the rock. You will visit one of the most picturesque places in our republic – Tsaghkadzor. Visit the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the foot of Mount Ararat, famous for the fact that it was here that Christianity was born in Armenia, and you will also visit the Mother See of Etchmiadzin. You will take with you unforgettable impressions from the red rocks towering over the Noravank monastery and the homemade wines of the Areni village. And of course, a lot of dishes of Armenian cuisine will be waiting for you.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- City-tour in Yerevan
- Welcome dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni — Geghard
- Departure to the monastery complex Geghard — a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the monastery complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- Walk along the gorge, where you will see a small miracle of nature called «Stone Symphony».
- Lunch during which you will take part in the baking of traditional Armenian bread, lavash
- Return to Yerevan
Day 3: Tsaghkadzor – Sevan – Dilijan – Haghartsin
- After breakfast we will go to one of the most picturesque corners of Armenia – Tsaghkadzor ski resort. In Tsaghkadzor we will visit the house-museum of the Orbeli brothers, get acquainted with the Kecharis temple. Those who wish can go skiing or snowboarding.
- Then we go to the famous resort Dilijan.
- After a walk around Dilijan, we will drive through a protected beech forest to a beautiful monastery complex of the 11th-13th centuries. – Haghartsin. This is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- On the way back, we will stop at Lake Sevan, the largest alpine lake in the world. Here we will admire the azure waters of Sevan, explore the ancient monastery located on the peninsula and, of course, taste the delicious Sevan crayfish.
Day 4: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Departure to the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat, which is known for the fact that it was here that the first Catholicos of All Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further, our path lies to one of the most beautiful monasteries in Armenia – Noravank, surrounded by sheer red rocks.
- We will also visit a cave where ancient jugs of wine and shoes dating back about 6000 years were discovered not so long ago.
- Next, we will visit the winery with a tasting and a delicious lunch.Then we will return to Yerevan
Day 5: Saghmosavank – Gyumri – Yerevan
- After breakfast, we will go to the second largest city in Armenia, Gyumri
- During the first stop, we will visit Saghmosavank Monastery, which is located on the edge of the picturesque Kasakh gorge.
- Next, we will make a stop at the monument to the Armenian alphabet.
- Then we will arrive in Gyumri.
- We will walk around the city, visit the Gyumri fortress and have a delicious lunch
- In the evening we will return to Yerevan
Day 6: Yerevan
- We will dedicate this day to the capital of Armenia – Yerevan.
- We will visit the Museum of Ancient Manuscripts Matenadaran.
- We will make an excursion to the famous “Yerevan brandy factory”
- We will visit the Vernissage flea market, where you can buy souvenirs
- After that, we will go to the plant for the production of unique carpets, where we will also have a delicious lunch
- More free time
Day 7: Echmiadzin – Zvartnots
- Breakfast and departure to the religious center of Armenia – the city of Etchmiadzin, where the Cathedral is located – the residence of the Catholicos of all Armenians, as well as the ancient churches of Saints Hripsime and Gayane.
- On the way back we will make a stop at the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport in order to meet you again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small, but rich in beautiful and interesting places country.
|Number of persons
|Price for person
Supplement for single accommodation — 120$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the entire route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Six lunches
- Welcome Dinner
- Winery tasting tour
- Excursion with tasting to “Yerevan brandy factory”
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back (to enter Armenia, you must present a negative PCR test made no more than 72 hours before entry, or a certificate of vaccination)
- Other dinners
- Additional alcohol outside the program
- Medical insurance (about $1 per day per person) – recommended!
- Personal expenses