Winter in Armenia is no less beautiful time than summer or autumn. The mountains are covered with fluffy snow and the country becomes like a winter fairy tale. You will walk around the winter Yerevan. You will see the only surviving pre-Christian monument and visit the most beautiful temple carved into the rock. We will visit one of the most picturesque places in our republic – Tsaghkadzor. Visit the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the foot of Mount Ararat, famous for the fact that it was here that Christianity was born in Armenia, and you will also visit the Mother See of Echmiadzin. You will take with you unforgettable impressions from the red rocks towering over the Noravank monastery and the homemade wines of the Areni village.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- Sightseeing tour of Yerevan
- Welcome Dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni – Geghard – Yerevan
- Departure to Garni, where the only monument preserved in the territory of Armenia, belonging to the era of paganism and Hellenism, is located.
- Walk along the gorge, where you will see a small miracle of nature called “Stone Symphony”.
- Then you will directly participate in the baking of the famous Armenian bread – lavash.
- Departure to the Geghard monastery complex – a unique architectural structure, part of which is carved into the rock. The name of the monastery complex comes from the spear that pierced the body of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and, according to historical sources, brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, among many other relics.
- Return to Yerevan.
- And already in Yerevan a pleasant addition awaits you – an excursion to the Yerevan Brandy Factory
Day 3: Tsaghkadzor – Sevan – Dilijan – Haghartsin
- After breakfast we will go to one of the most picturesque corners of Armenia – Tsaghkadzor ski resort. In Tsaghkadzor we will visit the house-museum of the Orbeli brothers, get acquainted with the Kecharis temple. Those who wish can go skiing or snowboarding.
- Then we go to the famous resort Dilijan.
- After a walk around Dilijan, we will drive through a protected beech forest to a beautiful monastery complex of the 11th-13th centuries. – Haghartsin. This is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- On the way back, we will stop at Lake Sevan, the largest alpine lake in the world. Here we will admire the azure waters of Sevan, explore the ancient monastery located on the peninsula.
Day 4: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni
- Departure to the monastery of Khor Virap, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat, which is known for the fact that it was here that the first Catholicos of All Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further, our path lies to one of the most beautiful monasteries in Armenia – Noravank, surrounded by sheer red rocks.
- We will also visit a cave where ancient jugs of wine and shoes dating back about 6000 years were discovered not so long ago.
- Next, we will visit the winery with a tasting and a delicious lunch.
- After that, in a good mood, we will return to Yerevan
- Free time
Day 5: Echmiadzin – Zvartnots
- Breakfast and departure to the religious center of Armenia – the city of Echmiadzin, where the Cathedral is located – the residence of the Catholicos of all Armenians, as well as the ancient churches of Saints Hripsime and Gayane.
- On the way back we will make a stop at the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport in order to meet you again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small, but rich in beautiful and interesting places country.
|Numbers of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation — 85$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the entire route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the indicated museums and cultural centers, as well as the cable car in Tsaghkadzor
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome Dinner
- Four lunches
- Excursions with tasting to the “Yerevan Brandy Factory” and the winery
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back (to enter Armenia, you must present a negative PCR test made no more than 72 hours before entry, or a certificate of vaccination)
- Other dinners
- medical insurance ($1 per day per person)
- additional alcohol outside the program
- personal expenses