Mountains come to our minds first when we want to represent Armenia. And it is not surprising, because almost 90% of the territory is located on 1,000 m height above sea level. We are inviting you for the most beautiful tour of the summer – Phototour Mountain Armenia.
We will get on the highest peaks and take pictures of most beautiful mountain landscapes.
Where we will go: Mount Aragats (highest mountain in the territory of Armenia, 4,095m), Geghama Mountains, the highest peak is the mount Azhdahak (3,597m), mount Ukhtasar (3,594m), Fortress Smbataberd.
You had never seen this Armenia!
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport
- Hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcoming dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Khor Virap – Ararat – Noravank – Areni
- Early awakening
- Capturing sunrise of the Mount Ararat in Khor Virap
- We are continue the way. And we are waiting for incomparable poppy fields
- Further we will go to the region of Vayots Dzor. Where we will wait for lunch and a small rest.
- Then we leave for the monastery Noravank, which is surrounded by unique red rocks.
- In the evening we will arrive in Sisian
Day 3: Mountain Ukhtasar – Shake waterfall
- In few kilometers far from Sisian is located the mountain Ukhtasar. In the foothills of the mountain there is a glacial lake, formed in the crater of extinct volcano. The territory is known for the petroglyphs. One can easily see circles, spirals, lines and other geometric and abstract forms as well as human and animal figures, hunting scenes, cult and cosmos of the ancient human, flora and fauna in its whole richness.
- In the afternoon we will shoot the waterfall Shake – one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Armenia.
- We will also visit the winery, where we will try a wonderful wine and learn the process of its reparation
- We will spend the night in a guest house in Areni village.
Day 4: Fortress Smbataberd – Sevan lake
- After breakfats we will drive to the fortress IV-V Century Smbataberd and Mount Teksar
- After lunch we will go to Lake Sevan – one of the largest mountain lakes in the world.
- A delicious dinner, followed by a sunset over Lake Sevan
- Overnight at the hotel in Sevan.
Day 5-7: Geghama Mountains
- Shooting of the sunrise over Sevan
- Breakfast in the hotel
- These three days we will spend in the most beautiful mountain gorge of Armenia, Geghama Mountains, will see the lake Akna, climb the mount Azhdahak. There is a small mountain lake in the crater of Azhdahak, shooting of vishapakars (dragon stones), predecessors of Armenian Khachkars, will be hosted by Yezidis (kurds), who grazing sheeps in these lands and many other things. We will stay 2 nights in the tents.
- After 3 days lasting tour we will return to Yerevan
Day 8-9: Mount Aragats
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Then we leave towards Mount Aragats, and our first stop will be the fortress Amberd, which is located at an altitude of about 2500 m.
- Then we will get higher, to 3,000 m heights, where Kari Lich (Stone lake) is located
- After shooting the lake and surroundings, we will have lunch and rest
- Then we will climb the Southern summit of the mount Aragats
- We will get down to the foothills in the evening, where we will have dinner and a rest
- We will spend the night in the hotel
- Early in the morning we will shoot the mount Aragats. If we are lucky and the weather is clear we will see the mount Ararat
- On this day we will also be waiting for the shooting of the Gegharot waterfall
- Before returning to Yerevan, we will visit another very interesting winery
Day 10: Yerevan
- We’ll walk through morning Yerevan and buy souvenirs from Vernisage, famous flea market
- On the way to the airport, depending on the flight, we can have an excursion in the Yerevan Brandy Factory and Zvartnots Cathedral
- Transfer to the airport
|Number of people
|Price per person
Tour dates: 29.06.2018 – 08.07.2018
The tour price includes:
- Meeting and Transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Accommodation in a hotel and a guest house with double occupancy – 7 nights
- Rent of tents (sleeping bags is desirable to have your own) – 2 nights
- Breakfast in hotels
- Comfortable transport with driver for the whole route
- English speaking photo guide
- Entrance tickets to the specified museums and cultural centers
- Rent of tents (sleeping bags is desirable to have your own)
- Welcome dinner
- 4 dinners
- Excursion with a tasting at the two wineries
The price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Other dinners
- Health insurance
- Excursion to Yerevan brandy factory (20$ per person)
Hiking experience is preferable