During this tour you can enjoy the diversity of Armenian nature, feel the real Armenian hospitality and try different dishes of Armenian cuisine.
You will get acquainted with Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. Will see the only monument from pre-Christian period as well as one of the most beautiful monastic complexes, partially carved out of the rocks.
Will admire the emerald waters of the lake Sevan, where you will enjoy one of the most delicious and well-known crayfishes of Sevan as well as the trout.
Will visit the monastery of Khor Virap, situated in the foothills of the mount Ararat, known from the times of the king Trdat the Third and Grigor the Illuminator, when the Christianity was just flourishing in Armenia. You will visit the religious center Echmiatsin.
And of course, we will go for a ride on the longest aerial tramway in the world, which leads to the one of the mysterious and most beautiful monasteries of Armenia, Tatev.
You will take with you indelible impressions: red rocks are unique, they appear on the way to Noravank. And certainly, try homemade wines in Areni village.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport
- Hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcoming dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni – Geghard – Sevan
- Breakfast in hotel
- We will go to Geghard. Beautiful monastery complex, part of which is carved out from a rock.
- Then we will go to Garni village, where is the only monument preserved in Armenia belongs to the era of paganism and Hellenism.
- We will also have a walk through the beautiful gorge to the miracle of nature – “Symphony of Stones”
- Then we will have lunch where you’ll participate in baking of Armenian traditional bread, intangible cultural heritage – “lavash“
- Trip to the lake Sevan. Visiting the monastery Sevanavank. Dinner
- Return to Yerevan. Free time.
Day 3: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni – Karahunj – Goris
- We will leave Yerevan early in the morning and drive to Khor Virap Monastery, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat. Khor Virap is the place where the first Catholicos of all Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further our way leads to one of the most beautiful monasteries of Armenia – Noravank, which is surrounded by steep red rocks.
- After capturing Noravank, we will go to the village of Areni, which can be called wine-growing center of Armenia, where we will have a delicious dinner with locals and have a good rest.
- After lunch we will visit the Areni cave, which is 6000 years old
- Excursion to a winery and wine tasting
- Then we will show you how beautiful the South of Armenia is. And our next destination is the one of most green city of Armenia, Goris. After passing through Sisian, a visit to “Zorats Karer” or Karahunj Observatory (8000 B.C.) which looks like English Stonehenge but is older for more than 4,5 thousand years.
- Rest in Goris
Day 4: Khndzoresk – Tatev – Jermuk – Yerevan
- After having tasty breakfast will drive to old age village Khndzoresk. Will pass through the bridge crossing the gorge and see many old caves, where hundred years ago people were still living
- No doubt, after Khndzoresk our road will lead us to one of the most magic places of Armenia, village Tatev
- Our route will run through the longest ropeway in the world, stretching over Vorotan Gorge. The maximum height of the road is 320 meters.
- Continue the tour to the gorgeous Tatev Monastery (9-11th centuries). This monastery was one of the oldest spiritual centers of medieval Armenia, as well as the biggest university of its time.
- Will take a direction to Jermuk known for its mineral waters. Will see one of the most beautiful waterfalls of Armenia.
- Back to Yerevan
Day 5: Echmiadzin – Zvartnots
- Breakfast and departure to the religious center of Armenia-the city of Echmiadzin, where is the cathedral – the residence of the Catholicos of all Armenians, as well as the ancient temples of Saints Hripsime and Gayane.
- On the back way we will stop at the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport to meet again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small but rich in beautiful and interesting places of the country.
- On the way to the airport, depending on the time of departure, we can catch up on an excursion to the “Yerevan Brandy Factory”
|Numbers of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation – 90$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in hotel 3* with double accommodation
- Meeting and transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the whole route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the specified museums and cultural centers
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner
- Dinner in 2-nd day
- Excursion with a tasting at the wine factory in Areni
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Other Dinners
- Excursion to the Yerevan Brandy Factory – 20$ per person.
- Extra alcohol outside the program