Winter – one of the most charming seasons in Armenia. Numerous mountains are being covered with fluffy snow and the country is becoming a winter wonderland. You will walk through winter Yerevan, will see the only monument from pre-Christian period and will visit one of the most beautiful monasteries, which is partially dug into the rock. Will visit one of the most picturesque places of the country, Tsakhkadzor. Will visit the monastery of Khor Virap, situated in the foothills of the mount Ararat and known as a place where began the flourishing of Christianity in Armenia as well as Echmiatsin. Unforgettable impressions will accompany you after your holidays: red rocks are unique, rising above on the both sides of the road that leads to the monastery of Noravank. We will visit villagers in Areni and try homemade wines. Also many surprises and unusual monuments are waiting for you to be discovered.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport
- Hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcoming dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni – Geghard
- Breakfast in hotel
- We will go to Geghard. Beautiful monastery complex, part of which is carved out from a rock.
- Then we will go to Garni village, where is the only monument preserved in Armenia belongs to the era of paganism and Hellenism.
- We will also have a walk through the beautiful gorge to the miracle of nature – “Symphony of Stones”
- Then we will have lunch where you’ll participate in baking of Armenian traditional bread, intangible cultural heritage – “lavash“
- Return to Yerevan
- Free time
Day 3: Tsakhkadzor – Dilijan – Haghartsin – Sevan
- We will leave Yerevan and drive to Tsaghkadzor. It is famous for its ski resort. We will climb to the very top of Teghenis Mountain (about 2900 m) from where you can enjoy breathtaking views of Ararat and Aragats mountains, as well as Lake Sevan. The descent will be carried out on skis.
- House-museum of brothers Orbeli
- Visit Kecharis Monstrey
- Then we go to the famous resort of Dilijan.
- After lunch, we will take a walk along Dilijan and visit the monastic complex Haghartsin. It is a pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places of Armenia, drowning in the greenery of mountain forests.
- After that, we will go to the Lake Sevan, where we will capture the evening Sevan and have a delicious supper – the famous Sevan trout and white-fish and cryfish.
- Return to Yerevan
- Rest and free time
Day 4: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni
- We will leave Yerevan early in the morning and drive to Khor Virap Monastery, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat. Khor Virap is the place where the first Catholicos of all Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further our way leads to one of the most beautiful monasteries of Armenia – Noravank, which is surrounded by steep red rocks.
- After capturing Noravank, we will go to the village of Areni, which can be called wine-growing center of Armenia, where we will have a delicious dinner with locals and have a good rest.
- After lunch we will visit the Areni cave, which is 6000 years old
- Excursion to a winery and wine tasting
- Return to Yerevan.
Day 5: Saghmosavank – Hovhanavank – Ashtarak
- After breakfast we will send you to the mountain Aragats – the highest mountain on the of Armenia
- During the first stop visit the monasteries of Saghmosavank and Hovhanavank, which are located on the edge of the picturesque Kasakh Gorge.
- Next we will stop at the monument to the Armenian alphabet.
- Then we will be going to the city of Ashtarak, where, among other things, visit the small very beautiful chapel of Karmravor, and then proceed to the modern factory for the production of wines, where we’ll be waiting for a tour and a delicious lunch
- Return to Yerevan
Day 6: Yerevan
- We will dedicate this day to Yerevan
- We will visit the Museum of ancient manuscripts – “Matenadaran”, after which we will make a tour of the ” Yerevan brandy factory”
- After we go to the factory for the production of unique carpets, where we will also wait for a delicious lunch
- In the evening-free time that You can spend listening to jazz and drinking good wine in one of the Yerevan winery.
Day 7: Echmiatsin – Zvartnots
- Breakfast and departure to the religious center of Armenia-the city of Echmiadzin, where is the cathedral – the residence of the Catholicos of all Armenians, as well as the ancient temples of Saints Hripsime and Gayane.
- On the back way we will stop at the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport to meet again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small but rich in beautiful and interesting places of the country.
|Number of persons
|Price for person
Supplement for single accommodation — 140$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in hotel 3* with double accommodation
- Meeting and transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the whole route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the specified museums and cultural centers
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner
- Dinner in 3-rd day
- Excursion with a tasting at the two wine factories
- Excursion with a tasting to the Yerevan Brandy Factory
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Other dinners
- Extra alcohol outside the program