This is a very interesting tour across Armenia. You will visit all the regions of Armenia. Will get acquainted with Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. We will visit different regions of our country, where you will see the only monument from pre-Christian period, one of the most beautiful monasteries which is partially dug into a rock, will admire the emerald waters of Sevan where you will enjoy one of the most delicious and well-known crayfishes of Sevan, as well as the trout. Will walk through sunny Dilijan, visit the monastery of Khor Virap, situated in the foothills of the mount Ararat. The monastery is known as a place where Christianity began to flourish, take a trip to Ejmiatsin, religious center of Armenia. And of course, we cannot skip the longest aerial tramway of the world, which leads to one of the most beautiful and mysterious monasteries. Unforgettable impressions will accompany you after your holidays: red rocks are unique, rising above on the both sides of the road that leads to the monastery of Noravank. We will visit villagers in Areni and try homemade wines. Besides, many surprises and unusual monuments are waiting for you to be discovered.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport
- Hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcoming dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni – Geghard
- Breakfast in hotel
- We will go to Geghard. Beautiful monastery complex, part of which is carved out from a rock.
- Then we will go to Garni village, where is the only monument preserved in Armenia belongs to the era of paganism and Hellenism.
- We will also have a walk through the beautiful gorge to the miracle of nature – “Symphony of Stones”
- Then we will have lunch where you’ll participate in baking of Armenian traditional bread, intangible cultural heritage – “lavash“
- Return to Yerevan
- Free time
Day 3: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni – Karahunj – Goris
- We will leave Yerevan early in the morning and drive to Khor Virap Monastery, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat. Khor Virap is the place where the first Catholicos of all Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further our way leads to one of the most beautiful monasteries of Armenia – Noravank, which is surrounded by steep red rocks.
- After capturing Noravank, we will go to the village of Areni, which can be called wine-growing center of Armenia, where we will have a delicious dinner with locals and have a good rest.
- After lunch we will visit the Areni cave, which is 6000 years old
- Excursion to a winery and wine tasting
- Then we will show you how beautiful the South of Armenia is. And our next destination is the one of most green city of Armenia, Goris. After passing through Sisian, a visit to “Zorats Karer” or Karahunj Observatory (8000 B.C.) which looks like English Stonehenge but is older for more than 4,5 thousand years.
- Rest in Goris
Day 4: Khndzoresk – Tatev – Jermuk – Yerevan
- After having tasty breakfast will drive to old age village Khndzoresk. Will pass through the bridge crossing the gorge and see many old caves, where hundred years ago people were still living
- No doubt, after Khndzoresk our road will lead us to one of the most magic places of Armenia, village Tatev
- Our route will run through the longest ropeway in the world, stretching over Vorotan Gorge. The maximum height of the road is 320 meters.
- Continue the tour to the gorgeous Tatev Monastery (9-11th centuries). This monastery was one of the oldest spiritual centers of medieval Armenia, as well as the biggest university of its time.
- Will take a direction to Jermuk known for its mineral waters. Will see one of the most beautiful waterfalls of Armenia.
- Back to Yerevan
Day 5: Yerevan
- We will dedicate this day to Yerevan
- We will visit the Museum of ancient manuscripts – “Matenadaran”, after which we will make a tour of the ” Yerevan brandy factory”
- After we go to the factory for the production of unique carpets, where we will also wait for a delicious lunch
- In the evening-free time that You can spend listening to jazz and drinking good wine in one of the Yerevan winery.
Day 6: Sevan – Dilijan – Haghartsin
- Breakfast at hotel
- After that, we will go to the Lake Sevan – one of the largest high-mountain lakes in the world, where we will capture Sevan and visit Sevanavank monastery
- Then we go to the famous resort of Dilijan.
- We will take a walk along Dilijan and visit the monastic complex Haghartsin. It is a pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places of Armenia, drowning in the greenery of mountain forests.
- After that we will arrive in a very colorful guest house, where we will have a master class for the preparation of a real Armenian crowd.
- Overnight in Dilijan
Day 7: Dilijan – Sanahin – Haghpat – Yerevan
- We leave to the north of Armenia in the fairy region of Lori.
- For starters, we will visit the Sanahin Monastery, which is very interesting from an architectural point of view. The village of Sanahin is known for the fact that it was here that the brothers Mikoyan were born.
- Then we will go to the village of Haghpat, to one of the most beautiful architectural creations of Armenia – the Haghpat monastery. We assure you will fall in love with this fabulous place and want to visit here many more times.
- In the evening we will return to Yerevan
Day 8: Saghmosavank – Hovhanavank – Amberd – Aragats
- After Breakfast, we will go towards mount Aragats-the highest mountain in Armenia.
- During the first stop we will visit the monasteries of Saghmosavank and Hovhanavank, which are located on the edge of the picturesque Kasakh gorge.
- Next, we will stop at the monument to the Armenian alphabet.
- After the monument to the alphabet climb mount Aragats, on the slope of which is an ancient fortress VII century Amberd.
- After studying Amberd, we will rise even higher, at a height of 3300 m above sea level to the beautiful lake Kari Lich, whose name translates as”lake stone.”
- Then we arived to the modern factory for the production of wines, where we’ll be waiting for a tour and a delicious lunch
- In the evening you will have free time, which you can spend walking around Yerevan, or drinking a Cup of coffee and enjoying live music in one of the many cafes and restaurants of the capital.
Day 9: Yerevan – Gyumri – Yerevan
- We leave for the second largest city of Armenia – Gyumri.
- On the way we will make a stop in the city of Talin, where there is a beautiful half-ruined cathedral.
- Next, we will take a walk along the old city of Gyumri, visit the Frunzik Mkrtchyan museum-house and visit the Marmashen Monastery, which is surrounded by the apple orchard.
- And of course, we will wait for the traditional delicious lunch.
- At the evening we will return to Yerevan
Day 10: Echmiatsin – Zvartnots
- Breakfast and departure to the religious center of Armenia-the city of Echmiadzin, where is the cathedral – the residence of the Catholicos of all Armenians, as well as the ancient temples of Saints Hripsime and Gayane.
- On the back way we will stop at the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport to meet again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small but rich in beautiful and interesting places of the country.
|Number of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation-190$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in hotel 3* with double accommodation
- Meeting and transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the whole route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the specified museums and cultural centers
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner
- Excursion with a tasting at the two wine factories
- Excursion with a tasting to the Yerevan Brandy Factory
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Extra alcohol outside the program