We invite you to an exciting off-road trip along the mountain paths of Armenia. In six days we will visit various parts of Armenia – from the forests of Tavush to the rocks of Vayots Dzor. We will see ancient monasteries and ancient fortresses, very beautiful mountain lakes and waterfalls, which are located high in the mountains among a beautiful wild forest, far from the standard tourist routes.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival to Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport, hotel accommodation
- City tour through Yerevan
- Welcome dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Sevan – Dilijan – Gosh Lake – Kirants
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Driving to Tavush region, which has largest forest areas. On the way to Tavush we will have a stop near the lake Sevan.
- We will have an interesting and spectacular jeep tour through Dilijan forests to the lake Gosh and monastery of Kirants, picnic and then overnight stop in the tents
- Late in the evening, we will arrive in the village of Yenokavan
Day 3: Lastiver
- Breakfast in the nature
- After that you can try Zipline and a short horseback riding tour if you wish
- Then we will walk through the gorge to Lastiver and mountain river with waterfalls
- Lunch – barbeque-party on the river bank
- Walking back to Yenokavan
- Will stay in the cottages for the night
Day 4: Yenokavan – Haghartsin – Noratus – Lake Hors – Hermon
- Driving to Vayots Dzor region
- First stop will be near Haghartsin monastery, located in a reserved beech forest
- Further we will visit the ancient cemetery khachkars in Noradus, numbering more than 900 unique khachkars.
- Then we will drive through Selim Pass to Vayots Dzor. We will have a jeep tour to the lake Hors.
- Will stay at eco-village Hermon for the night
Day 5: Smbataberd – Tsakhast Kar – Yerevan
- After having delicious breakfast we will continue our trip through mountain trails to Smbataberd, where you can see a beautiful view to the mount Teksar
- Then we will visit the church Tsakhats Kar
- On the way back to Yerevan we will stop near Noravank if we have time
- Will arrive to Yerevan in the evening
Day 6: Garni – Geghard – Airport
Drive to the monastery Geghard, a unique architectural building, which is partially craved out of a rock. The name of the monastery came from a spear which was used to pierce Christ’s side.
Then drive to Garni, an ancient monument from the times of paganism and Hellenism. Garni is dedicated to the god of the Sun, Mythra.
- Then will walk down to the gorge to Stone Symphony – here we will see the natural monument of the nature – Stone Symphony. The Symphony consists of vertical cliffs, having hexagonal basalt columns which have volcanic origin.
- After we will have lunch and leave for airport
Tour Price: 690$
- Meeting and transfers airport – hotel – airport
- Accommodation in 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Comfortable transport
- English speaking guide
- Entry tickets to the museums and cultural centers
- Food 3 times a day
The price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Zipine – 30$
- Horse riding – 25$
Minimum quantity of participants: 3