Armenia is the first country which adopted Christianity as state religion in 301. Since then, never changed its religion and has faithfulness to it for more than 17 centuries.
For around 2,000 years there have been built numerious churches and monasteries, most part of which are more than a thousand year old.
We invite you to touch the history and feel the indescribable aura of ancient monasteries, pass through the way that Christ’s apprentices Thaddeus and Bartholomew did. They started to preach Christianity in Armania.
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport
- Hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcoming dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni – Geghard – Echmiatsin – Zvartnots
- Driving to the monastery Geghard, a unique architectural building,which is partially craved out of a rock. The name of the monastery came from a spear which was used to pierce Christ’s side. And so, as historical sources say, the spear was brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, with many other relics.
- Then we will drive to Garni, the only temple from the period of paganism and Hellenism
- Then we will have lunch where you’ll participate in baking of Armenian traditional bread, intangible cultural heritage – “lavash“
- After lunch we will drive to the religious center of Armenia, Etchmiatsin where we will visit the Cathedral, residency of the Catholicos, as well as churches of st. Gayane and st. Hripsime
- On the way back to Yerevan we will stop near Zvartnots Cathedral
Day 3: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni – Carahunge – Goris
- Drive to Khor Virap, which is located in the foothills of the mount Ararat. Khor Virap is known as a jail, where Grigor the Illuminator, the first Catolicos of all Armenians spend 13 years of his life.
- Then we will continue our tour to Noravank, a wonderful monastery, surrounded by red vertical cliffs
- After we will visit village Areni, which is the viticultural center of Armenia, where we will have lunch at local people’s place
- Then we will visit a cave, which is around 6,000 year old. During an expedition there have been found old anforas and a shoe
- We will visit a winery and have a wine tasting
- After that we will drive to the on of the most green city of Armenia, Goris. On the way to Goris we will stop near Zorats Karer (Carahunge) which is also called Armenian Stonehenge
- Will arrive to Goris in the evening
Day 4: Khndzoresk – Tatev – Shushi
- After having tasty breakfast we will drive to the old village Khndzoresk, will pass through the bridge which connects two sides of the gorge, will visit old caves, where people were living hundred years ago
- Then we will continue our road to magical Tatev monastery
- We will get there on the longest aerial tramway in the world, located above Vorotan gorge, having around 320m height
- Then we will have a tour around Tatev monastery, where you will feel the spirit of these places and we will move forward to discover other places
- After we will have a trip to the Republic of Artsakh.
- Will stay in a hotel in Shushi
- After hotel accommodation will have a walk through the city, will visit the church st. Ghazanchetsots and a little church, which is called Green church
Day 5: Hunot Gorge – Amaras
- After having breakfast we will have a walk through Shushi and then leave for a picturesque canyon
- At your request, we can arrange a small tracking to unacceptable to very beautiful waterfal
- After that we will drive to the monastery Amaras, known for its fig gardens. Here Mesrop Mashtots had established the first school, teaching Armenian literature
- On the way back we will stop to observe a very old tree, which is around 2,000 year old. Height is 54 meters, perimeter is around 27 meters and it makes a shadow of 1,400 sq. m.
- By lunchtime we will arrive in Stepankert
- Lunch and free time
Day 6: “Tatik Papik”- Gandzasar – Stepanakert
- Visiting the symbol of the republic, monument of “We and our mountains”, in other words “Tatik Papik” (Grandmother and Grandfather)
- Then we will drive to the village Vank, where we will visit the monastery Gandzasar, surrounded by mountains covered by forests. The monastery turns up to be one of the most important spiritual center not only of Artsakh but whole Armenia.
- Traditional delicious lunch
- Second half of the day we will spend walking in Stepanakert, the capital of Artsakh
- During the walking tour we will buy famous Artsakh bread with herbs (Zhengyalov hac) which is made of 17 herbs
Day 7: Dadivank – Noratus – Sevan – Dilijan
- After having breakfast we will take leave of this lovely places and drive to indelible Karvachar
- Our stop will be in Dadivank, a little village, located in a hilly bank of the river Tartar. This place is unique for its spiritual aura and architectural assembly and the monastery of st. Dadi
- Then we will visit Noratus, where we will see cemetery with more than 900 unique khachkars
- Then we will drive to Sevan, which is the on of the largest mountain lake in the world. Here we will admire the emerald waters of Sevan, get acquainted with the monastery situated on the peninsula and try delicious trout.
- Will arrive to Dilijan in the evening
Day 8: Dilijan – Haghartsin – Goshavank
- After having a walk through the city, where will pass through the reserved beech forest to a beautiful monastic complex, Haghartsin, XI-XIII centuries. It is a pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, drowning in the greenery of mountain forests.
- Lunch in a guest house
- Then we will have an excursion to monastic complex Goshavank, where you will see a fabulous khachkar, which we can say is probably the most beautiful in Armenia
- Will return to Dilijan in the evening
Day 9: Dilijan – Akhtala – Haghpat
- Then we will drive to Lori. Our first stop will be the monastery Akhtala, known for its ancient frescos.
- After lunch we will continue our road to the village Haghpat, to one of the wonderful architectural buildings of Armenia – Haghpat monastery.You will fall in love with this fairy place.
- We will stay in Haghpat for the night
Day 10: Haghpat – Sanahin – Odzun – Yerevan
- We will drive to the birthplace of brothers Mikoyan, Sanahin. Sanahin monastery is very similar to Haghpat monastery
- After we will continue our acquaintance with wonderful Lori, visit Odzun, which is known for its beautiful khachkars
- We will return to Dilijan in the evening
Day 11: Hovhanavank – Saghmosavank – Amberd – Oshakan
- After having breakfast we will take a trip to the direction of the mount Aragats, highest mountain in the territory of Armenia
- During the first stop, we will visit monasteries Hovhanavank and Saghmosavank monasteries, both are located on the edge of Kasakh canyon
- Then we will stop near the monument of Armenian alphabet
- After will drive to the slope of the mount Aragats, where is located a fortress of VII century, Amberd
- Tradidional delicious lunch
- On the way back to Yerevan we will have a stop in the village Oshakan. Oshakan is the birthplace of Mesrop Mashtots, who created Armenian alphabet
- Will return back to Yerevan in the evening
Day 12: Yerevan
We will spend this day in Yerevan
Will visit manuscript museum Matenadaran and Yerevan Brandy Company
Lunch and transfer to the airport
|Number of persons
||10 -13 pers.
||14 -17 pers.
|Price per person
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in 3* hotel with double occupancy
- Meeting and transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Comfortable transport with driver for the whole route
- English speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to the museums and cultural centers, including the ropeway in Tatev
- Breakfast at hotel
- Welcome dinner
- 7 dinners
- Master class on baking lavash
- Excursion to Areni wine factory with tasting
The price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- The rest of dinner
- Excursion to Yerevan brandy factory-20$
- Extra alcohol outside the program