We invite you to New Year’s holidays in Armenia. Why stay at home? It is better to spend the holidays in nature, in the mountains, in the fresh air in Tsakhkadzor.
Outdoor activities lovers will be happy to go skiing or snowboarding. In addition, we will go to the famous Dilijan. We will try Sevan trout and get acquainted with the ancient temples of Garni and monastery Geghard.
We will visit the dungeon, where Grigor the Illuminator, the first Catholicos of Armenia spend long years of his life. And also we will take part in the Christmas liturgy in Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin.
Celebrating the New Year in Armenia is the best gift you can give yourself!
Date: 30.12.2018 – 06.01.2019
Day 1 (30.12.2018): Yerevan
- Arrival to Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport
- Little tour through Yerevan
- Free time
Day 2 (31.12.2018): Garni – Geghard – Yerevan
- Then will drive to Garni, the only temple from the period of paganism and Hellenism
- We will continue our way to Geghard Monastery. It is a unique and noble architectural building, which is partially carved out of a cliff. The name of the monastery came from a spear which was used to pierce Christ’s side. And so, as historical sources say, the spear was brought to Armenia by the Apostle Thaddeus, with many other relics.
- Second half of the day we will spend walking through Yerevan
- In the evening, we will wait for a new year’s meeting in one of the restaurants or clubs in Yerevan.
Day 3 (01.01.2019): Yerevan
Day 4 (02.01.2019): Yerevan – Tsakhkadzor – Yerevan
- We will drive together to skiing Tsakhkadzor, where we will visit Kecharis church
- Then you can ski and snowboard if you wish
Day 5 (03.01.2019): Sevan – Dilijan – Haghartsin
- Driving to Dilijan, a famous resort
- After having a walk through winter Dilijan, we will pass through the reserved beech forest to a beautiful monastic complex, Haghartsin, XI-XIII centuries.
- It is a pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, drowning in the greenery of mountain forests.
- Then we will drive to Sevan, which is the largest mountain lake in the world. Here we will admire the emerald waters of Sevan, get acquainted with the monastery situated on the peninsula and try delicious trout and crayfish.
- We will return to Yerevan in the evening
Day 6 (04.01.2019): Saghmosavank – Oshakan – Ashtarak
- After breakfast we will head towards Aragats mountain – the highest mountain in Armenia
- During the first stop, we will visit the monasteries Sagmosavank and Ovanavank, which are located on the edge of the picturesque Kasakh gorge.
- Next, let’s stop at the monument to the Armenian alphabet.
- After the monument, the alphabet will rise to Mount Aragats, where we will wait for a delicious lunch
- On the way to Yerevan, we will also make a stop in the city of Ashtarak, where there are a lot of ancient architectural monuments and also we will visit the village of Oshakan
Day 7 (05.01.2019): Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni
- We will leave Yerevan early in the morning and drive to Khor Virap Monastery, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat. Khor Virap is the place where the first Catholicos of all Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further our way leads to one of the most beautiful monasteries of Armenia – Noravank, which is surrounded by steep red rocks.
- After capturing Noravank, we will go to the village of Areni, which can be called wine-growing center of Armenia, where we will have a delicious dinner with locals and have a good rest.
- After lunch we will visit the Areni cave, which is 6000 years old
- Excursion to a winery and wine tasting
- Return to Yerevan.
Day 8 (06.01.2019): Echmiatsin – Zvartnots
- Then we will take a trip to Etchmiatsin, the religious center of Armenia, where we will visit the Cathedral, residency of the Catholicos. We will participate in Christmas Liturgy and consecration of water. After all, the Armenian Apostolic Church celebrates Christmas and Epiphany on the same day, on January 6th.
- Then we will visit the churches of st. Gayane and Hripsime
- On the way back we will stop near Zvartnots Cathedral, which was destroyed because of earthquake
- At the end of the program we will take you to the airport to meet again in the future and organize another fascinating journey through our small but rich country, rich with its beautiful and interesting places.
|Number of persons
|Price per person
The tour price includes:
- Meeting and Transfers Airport-Hotel-Airport
- Accommodation in a hotel 3* with double occupancy
- Breakfasts in hotel
- Welcome dinner
- Meeting of the new year in one of restaurants of Yerevan
- Comfortable transport with driver for the whole route
- English speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to the specified museums and cultural centers
The price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Rental of ski equipment and the cost of the ski lift in Tsaghkadzor
- Other dinners