This is a very saturated tour during which you will visit all the regions of Armenia as well as Artsakh.
You will get acquainted with Yerevan, the capital of Armenia, as well as Stepanakert.
We will visit different regions of our country, where you will see the only monument from pre-Christian period, one of the most beautiful monasteries which is partially craved out of a rock, will admire the emerald waters of Sevan where you will enjoy one of the most delicious and well-known crayfishes of Sevan as well as the trout. Will walk through sunny Dilijan, visit the monastery of Khor Virap, situated in the foothills of the mount Ararat Khor Virap is known as a place where Christianity began to flourish. as well as Echmiatsin. Of course we cannot skip the longest aerial tramway which leads to one of the most beautiful and mysterious monasteries. Unforgettable impressions will accompany you after your holidays: red rocks are unique, rising above on the both sides of the road that leads to the monastery of Noravank. We will visit villagers in Areni and try homemade wines.
Besides, many surprises and unusual monuments are waiting for you to be discovered.
The trip to Artsakh will stay in your mind for its inalienable beauty and spiritual people who will host you so warmly and will give you delicious “Jengialov Hats” which is made of 17 herbs.
Classic tour to Armenia and Artsakh has a national mood!
Day 1: Yerevan
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Meeting at the airport
- Hotel accommodation
- City tour in Yerevan
- Welcoming dinner
- Free time
Day 2: Garni – Geghard
- Breakfast in hotel
- We will go to Geghard. Beautiful monastery complex, part of which is carved out from a rock.
- Then we will go to Garni village, where is the only monument preserved in Armenia belongs to the era of paganism and Hellenism.
- We will also have a walk through the beautiful gorge to the miracle of nature – “Symphony of Stones”
- Then we will have lunch where you’ll participate in baking of Armenian traditional bread, intangible cultural heritage – “lavash“
- Return to Yerevan
- Free time
Day 3: Khor Virap – Noravank – Areni – Tatev – Goris
- We will leave Yerevan early in the morning and drive to Khor Virap Monastery, located at the very foot of Mount Ararat. Khor Virap is the place where the first Catholicos of all Armenians, Gregory the Illuminator, spent many years in prison.
- Further our way leads to one of the most beautiful monasteries of Armenia – Noravank, which is surrounded by steep red rocks.
- After capturing Noravank, we will go to the village of Areni, which can be called wine-growing center of Armenia, where we will have a delicious dinner with locals and have a good rest.
- After lunch we will visit the Areni cave, which is 6000 years old
- Then we will show you how beautiful the South of Armenia is.
- Our road will lead us to one of the most magic places of Armenia, village Tatev
- Our route will run through the longest ropeway in the world, stretching over Vorotan Gorge. The maximum height of the road is 320 meters.
- Continue the tour to the gorgeous Tatev Monastery (9-11th centuries). This monastery was one of the oldest spiritual centers of medieval Armenia, as well as the biggest university of its time.
- Rest in Goris
Day 4: Goris — Khndzoresk — Shoushi
- In the morning, as usual, we will be waiting for a hearty breakfast and new trips
- We will walk through the greenest city of Armenia, and drive to old age village Khndzoresk. Will pass through the bridge crossing the gorge and see many old caves, where hundred years ago people were still living
- After that go to Artsakh.
- And our first stop will be the city of hero Shushi, where we will visit the local fortress, a small chapel and of course the white stone Cathedral of Surb Gazanchetsots.
- And of course we will visit the edge of the insanely beautiful gorge Unot, where you can sit for a long time and meditate, enjoying the beautiful nature
- In the evening we will wait for a delicious dinner
Day 5: Waterfall Umbrellas – Amaras – Stepanakert
- Next, we will go down the gorge to the next miracle of nature – the waterfall “Umbrellas”. To unravel the secret of the name, just look at the waterfall itself.
- We will go to the monastery of Amaras, known for its Fig orchards. It was here that the Creator of the Armenian alphabet Mesrop Mashtots founded the first school where he began to teach the population of Armenian writing.
- On the way back, we will definitely admire the famous Karabakh sycamore Tree, which is 2000 years old. Its height is more than 54 meters, the perimeter of about 27 meters, and the crown forms a shadow, an area of 1400 m2.
- We will arrive in Stepanakert for lunch, where we will taste the famous local dish-flat cake with herbs-Zhengyalov Hats
- Walk in Stepanakert, free time
Day 6: Togh village — Winery Kataro
We go to the South of Artsakh to Hadrut district. Here we will meet the locals, see the old villages of this beautiful area, and visit the local winery, where they make a wonderful wine “Kataro”
Day 7: Stepanakert – Gandzasar – Dadivank – Dilijan
- We say goodbye to Stepanakert and go on a further journey
- And our first stop will be the Symbol of Artsakh – a monument to “We and our mountains”, or as it is often called — “Grandma and Grandpa”.
- The next point of our trip is the village of Vank, where we will visit the monastery of Gandzasar, surrounded by wooded mountains, which is one of the main temples not only of Artsakh, but also of the whole Armenia.
- Delicious lunch
- After lunch, we go to the small village of Dadivank on the hilly bank of the Tartar river. This place surprises primarily with its spirit and the famous majestic architectural ensemble of the monastery of St. Dadi.
- In the evening we will arrive to Sevan, where we will have dinner.
- We will spend the night in Dilijan
Day 8: Dilijan — Haghartsin — Sevan — Yerevan
- We are going to one of the greenest cities of Armenia – the famous resort Dilijan.
- After a walk through Dilijan we will pass through the protected beech forest to the beautiful monastery complex of XI-XIII centuries-Agartsin. It is the pearl of the canyon, one of the most mysterious places in Armenia, immersed in the greenery of mountain forests.
- After lunch, we will return to Yerevan, making stop at lake Sevan, where we will visit the ancient monastery.
- Arrival in Yerevan
- Rest and free time
Day 9: Yerevan
- We will dedicate this day to Yerevan
- We will visit the Museum of ancient manuscripts — “Matenadaran”, after which we will make a tour of the ” Yerevan brandy factory”
- After we go to the factory for the production of unique carpets, where we will also wait for a delicious lunch.
- In the evening-free time that You can spend listening to jazz and drinking good wine in one of the Yerevan cafes.
Day 10: Echmiatsin – Zvartnots
- Breakfast and departure to the religious center of Armenia-the city of Echmiadzin, where is the cathedral – the residence of the Catholicos of all Armenians, as well as the ancient temples of Saints Hripsime and Gayane.
- On the back way we will stop at the ruins of the ancient temple of Zvartnots, destroyed by a strong earthquake at the end of the last millennium.
- At the end of the program, we will take you to the airport to meet again in the future and organize another exciting journey through our small but rich in beautiful and interesting places of the country.
|Number of persons
|Price per person
Supplement for single accommodation-190$
The tour price includes:
- Accommodation in hotel 3* with double accommodation
- Meeting and transfers Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Comfortable transport with a driver for the whole route
- Guide services
- Entrance tickets to the specified museums and cultural centers
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Welcome dinner
- Excursion with a tasting at the wine factory Kataro
- Excursion with a tasting to the Yerevan Brandy Factory
The tour price does not include:
- Flight to Yerevan and back
- Extra alcohol outside the program